Achondroplasia Achondroplasia is a genetic condition that results in a abruptly height and is the most common exercise of picayune stature with disproportionately. People with disproportionate short stature atomic number 18 often refer to themselves as dwarfs, little people, or short-stature persons. The reasonable height is about 4 feet. Other characteristics include short arms and legs compared to the trunk, bowed legs, a large prominent supercilium and a sm solely mid-face. Achondroplasia does not discriminate, it occurs in all races and with equal oftenness in both males and females. The chances of its occurrence ranges from 1 in all 15,000 to 1 in every 40,00 go away births. Its estimated that there are about 10,000 individuals with osteosclerosis congenita in the United States. Because of the obvious phenotype, achondroplasia has been documented throughout history. old-fashioned Egyptians often employ individuals with achondroplasia in their art work, sev eral(prenominal) dating back to 4500 BCE. out-of-pocket to the hot, dry climate and inseparable and artificial mummification, Egypt is a major source of archeological culture on achondroplasia. The painter Diego Velazques did a series of paintings featuring individuals with achnodroplasia in 1600s.
Order your essay at Orderessay and get a 100% original and high-quality custom paper within the required time frame.
Those with achondroplasia has had a hard fourth dimension in public in the 1800s to the mid 1900s because they were often featured in circus shows. They came to be know as freaks of nature or were midgets. Achondroplasia is the result of a missense mutation in the fibroblast ontogenesis factor receptor 3 (FGFR3) located on the P arm of the fourth chromosome in humans. The disease was ge netically mapped to this chromosome in 1994 ! by Dr. John Wasmuth and his colleagues. The considerable majority of patients with this disease, about 97%, have an adenine where a guanine base should be at position 1138 on exon 10 in the cDNA sequence. This results in the FGFR3 protein shift of the gene containing an arginine for a genus Glycine amino acid at position 380. The other penny-pinching 3% of mutations at this...If you pauperization to get a bountiful essay, order it on our website: OrderEssay.net

If you want to get a full information about our service, visit our page: How it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.